CONTRACT FOR POLICE SERVICES
THIS AGREEMENT, made this 12th day of September, 1995, by and between COUNTY OF RICHLAND, a body politic (herein called “Richland”), and VILLAGE OF NOBLE, Richland County, Illinois, a municipal corporation (herein called “Noble”), both governmental units of the State of Illinois, and this agreement is made pursuant to 55 ILCS 5/5-1103.1;
WHEREAS, the County of Richland is establishing contractual police services consisting of well-trained, uniformed and well-equipped police officers, capable of providing adequate police protection throughout Richland County and the Village of Noble; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Noble is desirous of obtaining the services of well-trained and equipped police personnel for the public safety and welfare of its residents and the County of Richland is willing to provide such police protection services.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and covenants herein and other good and valuable consideration, it is agreed by and between the County of Richland and the Village of Noble, as follows:
1. Noble shall pay to Richland the total sum of $19,476.97 for three (3) year term of this Agreement for Richland providing a police officer for police protection for Noble as hereinafter provided, said sum being payable in annual installments as follows:
$,2452.77 due and payable on the 1st day of October, 1995
$6,541.16 due and payable on the 1st day of October, 1996
$10,482.04 due and payable on the 1st day of October, 1997
Said annual installments shall be made payable to the Richland County Treasurer.
2. Noble shall
provide, pay for or reimburse the Richland County Sheriff’s Department
(herein RSD) for the uniforms to be provided for the use of the police officer
routinely assigned to the Noble area (herein the “Noble
Deputy”). The total
reimbursement for such uniforms shall not exceed $3,000.00 over the three (3)
year term of this Contract. Noble
agrees to pay such overtime for the Noble Deputy, when such overtime is directly attributable to activities within Noble. Reimbursements for the uniforms and overtime shall be made by Noble to RSD within thirty (30) days of receipt by Noble of a voucher for the same from RDS.
3. RSD shall provide the Noble Deputy with a squad car, a weapon, a portable radio, a protective vest or any other required personal equipment. Noble shall pay for or reimburse RSD for the maintenance of all equipment used by the Noble Deputy, including squad car, weapon, protection vest and portable radio. Noble shall reimburse RSD for the cost of the protective vest. Reimbursement for the costs and maintenance to the same equipment shall be made by Noble to RSD within thirty (30) days of receipt by Noble of a voucher for the same from RSD. At the conclusion of the three (3) year term of this contract or any extension of the same, the squad car, weapon, portable radio, protective vest and any of the other required personal equipment and any improvements of the same shall be the property of RSD. The maintenance of the squad car shall include gasoline for mileage logged on patrol in the Noble Area, parts, repairs, and all other maintenance, including but not limited to tires, for the same vehicle.
4. Noble, during the entire three (3) year term of this contract shall provide to RSD, for use as a substation by RSD employees, the old Noble Village Hall located at 106 East North Avenue, Noble, Illinois. Noble shall pay all utilities for the substation and shall provide and pay for all maintenance and repairs to the building. Noble shall keep the substation building in good repair so that the building may continue to be used by RSD as a substation during this Agreement. RSD will provide and pay for any telephone service required by RSD at the substation.
5. Richland agrees that the Noble Deputy shall reside within the Village of Noble. If the Noble Deputy discontinues residence within the Village of Noble, or in the event the Richland County Board reduces the number of Richland County deputies or RSD staff to the extent RSD can no longer provide a Noble Deputy, then both Noble and Richland shall have no further obligation under this agreement.
6. The Nobel Deputy shall for all intents and purposes be an employee of RSD and Richland. When requested, RSD will provide to Noble a monthly report of the daily activities of the Noble Deputy.
7. The parties
agree that if any provision or provisions of this agreement shall be determined
to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity,
legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
8. The term of this agreement shall be from October 1, 1995 through September 30, 1998.
9. This agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between Noble and Richland but this agreement may be amended by a supplemental agreement entered into by the parties hereto executed with the same formality as this agreement.
10. This agreement was duly approved by Richland at a regular county board meeting held on the 12th day of September, 1995 and by the President and Board of Trustees of the Village of Noble at a regular meeting held on the 11th day of September, 1995.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this agreement the day and year first above written.
CONTY OF RICHLAND VILLAGE OF NOBLE,
Board Chairman Village President
County Clerk Village Clerk